The stove was developed by Adrian Padt and Aidan Oosthuysen, and Richard Pocock, and uses a familiar Rocket design surrounded by a wire cage to improve the stove's stability and reduce burns. It's a smart looking stove, it saves women time and energy in gathering firewood, and it has lower emissions than the solutions it is typically replacing.
The Rocket Works Stove, web site http://www.rocketworks.org/
- The Rockt Works stove is a high efficiency wood burning stove, designed to accommodate multiple fuels when required.
- It is smokeless after initial combustion, thereby reducing the likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning and reducing the emission of black carbon particles.
- The outer cage remains cool to touch even after hours of cooking, due to our innovative design.
- It is made from high quality, heat resistant stainless steel allowing for years of regular use.
- It can boil 5 liters of water in 15 minutes using as little as 250g of wood, which is significantly less than traditional cooking methods.
- Its thermal efficiency is 45%, for the Large Pot High Power, performed by the SeTAR Thermal Efficiency Test.
- Its emissions are the best in its class.
- Mass: 2.95Kgs
- Height: 270mm
- Diameter : 240mm
Lighting instructions in English: