Joshua B. Guinto in the Phillippines used the Oblak Holey Roket stove as inspiration and created a stove with an extra compartment to store char until cooking is done and the char is sufficiently cooled. He has done a wonderful job of writing up the results in the attached pdf.
From his conclusion:
The Charmaking Stove is Born!
- The Char Making Holey Roket Stove is born!!
- It allows harvesting bio char safely and conveniently and without having to tip the stove over. It eliminates the risk of heat fatigue, burns and open fires.
- It allows clean cooking with the similar performance as a gasifier stove.
- It allows continuous cooking.
- The stove will last for four years or more.
- It can be used with many other kinds of fuels.
- The stove is much cheaper and can be fabricated in village workshops thus promotes social inclusion much better.
- With clay, the stove has very small ecological footprint.