In this Technical Working Papger, he generously shares his experience improving specific technical problems with stoves in Tajikistan, Pakistan and Afghanistan. In this report, he presents and improved pot skirt, stove, and chimney design for street vendors and restaurants. And he considers the multiple challenges faced by poor people in the Himalayas, where it is very cold, and there is very little wood available. This paper includes plans for a modified bread oven that can be used as a space heater in the winter time, as well as carefully considering the many factors that go into building and using the new design.
A Geyser, is a hot water heater in South Africa. There are many houses that are not connected to conventional utility grids, and heating water with electricity and natural gas is expansive and/or impractical.
Tankless, batch hot water heaters directly connected to the shower etc, are a great single-use application for an efficient stoves.
Rogerio Carneiro de Miranda shared his new video that highlights the features of the Ecofogão in Brazil.
It is is a rocket style stove that uses wood to heat a cast iron griddle and an oven. It is an efficient stove that also includes an chimney, and the option to build it into an attractive and functional kitchen island. They also have an option that heats water (for washing or bathing).
All stoves presented above are of TLUD types, but the combustion is improved by using pre-heating and counter-flow burning mechanism. The one intended for palm kernel shell utilizes diffused-combustion mechanism, in addition to pre-heating and counter flow mechanism.
* About 30% biochar production
* 3 to 4 days for a batch of charcoal production
* Continuous hot water access (pot 1)
* Highly suitable for institutional cooking and as well making biochar
* Additional heat generated by flaring the pyrolysis gases, used for cooking
* Mitigation of the emissions during the pyrolysis by flaring
* Costs about Rs. 3000 for a 2’ width x 5’ depth x 6’ hight (in feet) “GEO Biochar pit stove”. (cost including, tin sheet for cover, digging the pit, three pot stove and chimney.)
*_"GEO BIOCHAR STOVE" is designed by Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy, CEO, GEO. Demonstrated to farmers under the project Good Stoves and Biochar Communities Project, being supported by GoodPlanet.org, France