More pictures of Jed's work on Stoves and also a pdf of Jed's work on stoves and ovens
Also take a look at http://www.stoves.bioenergylists.org/Holey-Roket-2013
for other pictures of this type of stove.
Jed started with the Rok Oblak Holey Roket stove:
and has been making improvements to the design detailed in the pdf, and has these lovely stoves made with the help of the artists he's been working with in the Philippines.
These are the features that he's working to include in the latest batch of stoves:
- A side fed fuel chamber allows for continuous cooking.
- Better flame control.
- Eliminating the risk of handling hot char.
- Allowing for multiple fuel types
- Clay is less expensive than metal.
- Clay stimulates employment, social inclusion, and creativity
- Clay stoves are heavier and brittle but they outlast equivalent metal stoves, some lasting for longer than 3 years of continuous use.