Sazawa Charcoal Stove Designed for Efficient Use of Charcoal C. Pesambili, F. Magessa and N. Mwakabuta, Tanzania Traditional Energy Development and Environment Organization (TaTEDO) Dar Es Salaam 2003
Sazawa is an Improved Charcoal Stove developed by TaTEDO; the stove is made up of metal sheet, round bars and two clay ceramic liners (fireboxes), which are bounded together to metal body by mixture of cement and rice husk ashes. Intended to save a significant amount of charcoal consumed in the cooking meals in the households. .
Intended to save a significant amount of charcoal consumed in the cooking meals in the households. Laboratory test revealed efficiency of about 44%. Features of Sazawa include the following;
- Each of the three legs is incorporated with potrest holders.
- Presences of vermiculite or rice husk ashes and cement serve two purposes, prevention of excessive heat loss and provision of bondage media between metal ring and liners.
- It needs very little metallic cladding, compared to other designs due to presence of ceramic cladding.
- If either inner or outer liner get broken it can be replaced.
How does Sazawa operate?
It has casing, insulation and limited numbers of holes
therefore heat escapes directly to the top, where
cooking process take place. Quality of stove is
improved due to the following;
- Presence of double liners, insulation and limited number of holes; heat losses is minimized.
- High specific heat capacity of clay line it possesses, cooking can be conducted with a very little amount of charcoal and short time as well.
- Process of cooking can be fast or slow depending on the air inflow through an air gate, which is controlled by the door.
The goals of TaTEDO are: -
- To improve quality of life of Tanzanians by contributing to availability of improved and sustainable modern energy services, employment and income generating opportunities, which are essential for poverty reduction.
- To reduce environmental degradation resulting from increased use of wood and fossil fuels.
- To assist the country to reduce the dependence on imported energy.
For more information please contact:
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Nike Air Max 270 Black Gold Shoes Best Price AH8050-007 – Buy Best Price Adidas&Nike Sport Sneakers