Paal Wendelobo, January 2010
Attached you will find a prospect of the new TLUD called MUS (multi use stove).
Production: Simple to produce
- By hand by local tinsmith or craftsmen
- By mechanical workshops.
- By mass-production
- As a two blaze household cooking stove
- Easy to move the pan for simmering
- As a energy unit for huge pan cooking at institutional kitchen.( more units together)
- As a room and water-heater
- For grilling and camping
- Rescue stove and refugee camps
Fuel (Simple adjustment to type of fuel, less dense fuel need a bigger volume)
- Pellets. 10cm x 14 x 15-50 cm hwl
- Chopped wood. (size depend of type)
- Woodchips. (size depend of type)
- Briquettes (size depend of type)
- Wood-sticks (size depend of type)
- Fuel conserving, fuel-consumption easy to adjust to need of energy
- Possible to refill.
- The two blazes cooking, makes it easy to make a meal on one filling
- Same unit for household and institutional cooking
- Smokeless and clean burning. No soot (depend a bit on type of fuel)
- The pot will come closer to the glowing charcoal for longer simmering
- Easy to empty the ashes and leftover char
The multi-stove is not jet official tested for emission, soot and tar, but looks promising.
The stove needs more testing and some design is needed before the final product is ready for production.
Practical stove tests carried out by PW 01.2010
|Type of Stove||Type of fuel||Quantity||Minutes to boil
5 litre of water
|Time of boiling
|Time with flame
|Peko Pe 5L||5L Chopped wood||1000 gr||24 minutes||25 minutes||50 minutes|
|Peko Pe 3L||Pellets||1000 gr||30 minutes||40 minutes||65 minutes|
|MUS15||Pellets||500gr||32 minutes||17 minutes||60 minutes|
|MUS 40||Pellets||1000 gr||30 minutes||90 minutes||2 hours|
|Type of stove||Type of fuel||Minutes of
|Time to boil
|Time to boil
|Time to frying|
|MUS 40||pellets||1:30 minutes||5 minutes||13 minutes||50 minutes|
|MUS 40||Chopped wood||55 minutes||6 minutes||15 minutes||50 minutes|
Water-temperature for 5 litres tests 18 -98 °C for 1litres test 13- 98°C
Time-consumption can differ depending a bit on the use of one or two blaze at the same time..
For more information, see the Multi Use Stove pdf
It was tested informal by Aprovecho, but we made a mistake by filling both chambers at the same time so too much of the flame went outside the pan and all figures was wrong. The emission test without pan was quite low, almost the same as Peko Pe. The MUS is definitely best with pellets.
With regards, Paal WendelboSaldos - Entrega gratuita